Now that you have a clear routine for the day, it can still be challenging to know what to do with our children during their school learning time. You can use the Little Dragon school work organizer with your children to plan out their day and week.
- Decide if there are some subjects you want your children to work on everyday, such as reading independently or physical activity. Plan for them to happen every day around the same time, consistency will facilitate transitions and engagement.
- Children are better able to focus early in the day, so start with the most challenging subjects in the morning
- Be sure to include assignments from their schools.
- Let your children pick some of the activities (some subjects may not be explored every day, like science or arts).
- When your child is excited or passionate about a topic, let them dive deep into it using several support (books, movies, internet, etc.). You can work the whole week about a specific subject (e.g., animals, nature, space, etc.) How can they present what they learn to others? It could be an essay, a song, a picture… The possibilities are endless!
- Don’t forget to include breaks. Go get some fresh air at least once a day (keep in mind it has to be in accordance to your county’s rules). Go for a walk, hang out in the garden, splash in the puddles, do your physical activities, if weather permit, just do one of your work activity outside!
Important note: This is an overwhelming time for everyone, children as well as adults, what matters the most right now is to be connected and there for each other. So when school assignments are getting too much, remember this is not an academic bootcamp, go for a walk, play a board game, put on some music and dance!
Below is a list of toys you might want to use to make learning more fun:
A second Language:
- Lunii (when the child already speaks fluently the other language)
- Marbotic letters
- Marbotics Numbers
Learn from experts and parents!
Want to learn about fun play and special toys for your kids? Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates!